April 14-18, 2021
Check back for updates!
The Peach Blossom Cluster Committee, supported by the Officers, Board and Members of the Atlanta Kennel Club, the Valdosta Kennel Club and the Combined Specialty Clubs of Atlanta, have developed the following procedures and practices for our 2021 Cluster of Shows and Events.
Everyone who attends the cluster for any event or in any capacity is covered by these “cluster rules” as stated below.
1. The cluster will not provide for any seating around rings. Exhibitors can bring their chairs but must maintain social distancing between each other and from the rings. Household units are free to sit together. No group gatherings or congregating in the buildings. Chairs may be left in the buildings, if desired, at the risk of the owners.
2. All persons entering any of the cluster buildings must wear a mask while in the building, and wear appropriate gloves. All persons on the cluster grounds should wear a mask when in contact with others. In open areas where you are alone, not required in Georgia. GNFA employees are bound by GNFA rules.
3. When approaching the rings for showing, only the steward will have access to the ringside catalog and armbands and will look up your number, if necessary, and give you your armband. To facilitate this process, please know what armbands you need. Please maintain a reasonable distance from the table and the person in front of you when securing your armband.
4. Stewards and judges will wear masks (so train your dogs to expect a person in a mask) and judges will have hand sanitizer available between each examination.
5. Exhibits will line up outside the ring maintaining social distancing and exhibits will be called into the ring as each judge deems appropriate. The judge will direct you as to how to prepare your dog for exam. Follow the judge’s directions. When gaiting with other exhibits, maintain a distance between exhibits. After placements are made, please leave the ring and, if you are not going forward in the judging of that breed, please leave the building. The judge or steward will direct those who will remain as to where they are to wait for BOB judging.
6. When attending non conformation and obedience events, masks are required, and gloves are recommended. There may be additional rules specific to other venues. Check PL from the other special events
7. Depending on State and CDC recommendations at the time of the Shows there may be limitations and or restrictions on the use of blow dryers in the Grooming Building. Blow dryers may be used outside of the Grooming Building but not directly in front of the entrances.
The above rules are our attempt to have a fun event and yet still maintain a level of safety for all who attend. We will have committee members circulating to ensure that everyone understands the rules and to answer questions. We ask that you honor any request made of you. Thank You for coming to our show and we look forward to enjoying the Peach!